2005-2012 Porsche 911 (997) Carrera Oil Change
0W-40 can be used in all temps while 5W-40/5W-50 should not be used below -13°F. We used Liqui Moly 5W-40 Leichtluaf High Tech for this application.
Step 1: Draining the Oil
1. Unclip oil filler neck upwards and unscrew the oil cap.
2. Unscrew oil drain plug from oil sump
3. Allow 20 minutes for oil to drain
4. Clean the oil drain plug and screw back in with new gasket
5. Tighten oil drain plug torque to 37 ft-lbs.
Step 2: Changing Oil Filter
1. Using the Porsche oil filter wrench, break loose oil filter housing
2. Remove housing downwards and drain remaining oil into container. Remove paper filter from housing.
3. Remove old O-ring on housing groove with a pick.
4. Clean oil filter housing thoroughly inside and out. Lubricate and replace O-ring with a new one provided with your oil filter.
5. Insert new filter.
6. Screw oil-filter housing back in and secure with Porsche Oil Filter Wrench.
7. Tightening torque 19 ft-lbs.
Step 3: Refilling Engine Oil
Fill engine oil slowly using a suitable filler container to prevent overflowing at the filler neck. Screw cap on tightly when done filling.
997 − 3.6 l Filling capacity without oil filter 8.00 liters
997 − 3.6 l Filling capacity with oil filter 8.25 liters
997 S − 3.8 l Filling capacity without oil filter 8.25 liters
997 S − 3.8 l Filling capacity with oil filter 8.50 liters
Check engine oil level via on-board computer. Add as needed 0.5 liter at a time at most
/ Posted by: THE DRIVEWAY
WEKFEST IS BACK. TDW will be an official vendor at WEKFEST SJ. Come mingle, see the sickest cars at the one of...
Subscribe to our newsletters now and stay up to date with new collections, the latest lookbooks and exclusive offers.